Saturday, September 3, 2011

Latest Update-

The last few months have been challenging yet very rewarding. It's in the harder times that God can really develop character in us if we allow Him to. It also allows us to draw closer to Him. I have to admit, sometimes I want to and sometimes I'd rather look at my circumstances... but that road doesn't lead to anything good.

We felt like God was closing the door for full time missions overseas at this moment in our lives, and that He was closing the door for us to be at YWAM Nashville. Both of those things we went ahead and obeyed, but it left so many unknowns in our path... and the transition was harder than I thought. Newly married, it was our time to start from scratch... but we needed (and need) a place to allow us to do that. Family has generously taken us in while we search for jobs... again and again. I got a job at Babies R' Us in Tennessee at the same time I found out I was pregnant. Lots of emotions flooded my mind!

We were absolutely thrilled! This is an area that we wanted God to lead in. We didn't want to control/prevent a baby- we really wanted to see God's timing. He is capable to bring a baby in His timing! And He did. We prayed and prayed about whether to stay in Tennessee, I really wanted to be around my family during the pregnancy/birth. So, we packed up ... I didn't take the job after all, and we headed North.

Not sure if it's been the economy or what- but it has been very difficult finding jobs. DeWayne has applied for about 50... but we continue to trust God because He can open and close the doors. It's only Him that knows His plans for our lives and what He wants to accomplish. Although we don't know why we've been unemployed for so long, we continue to lean on Him- God is good, all the time! I've always had a sense of it being easy to get a job, but even for me it's been difficult. Praise God that DeWayne has a job now, and I still search. God is providing! We are learning so much in this time and we won't ever be in the same situation ever again, so we try to make the most out of it, learn the lessons, and enjoy the process. We laugh about the day we can look back and say, "Remember when?..."

Even if we have to start off with little, we want to be thankful for what we have and generous to others. Life overseas has taught us such valuable lessons of how to live a simple life and still be happy- something our culture doesn't always teach. We are excited to walk out the life God has set before us and use the experiences He has given us and the revelations He has shown us to shine His love to others, and especially our baby boy.

Although sometimes I question God's timing and His purpose and wonder why things seem to be taking so long? "Hello God! We are having a baby in a few months and DeWayne and I haven't really lived alone yet!! Can't you hurry the process so we can enjoy married life, at least for a few months?" He simply speaks, "Now. Enjoy it now. Don't wait." (p.s. I could write a lot more of those kinda prayers on here but i'll save you the energy of reading them all!)

The biggest joy of all is knowing that God has given us the gift of life, not only eternal life with Him, but also a baby boy living inside of me. God has protected that area in our lives- shining His grace and peace on that situation. Although fear can sometimes creep in, "What will people think? We don't even have jobs?!" He reminds me of WHO I am living for. HIM.

I want to encourage you, whoever you are that is reading this- with this scripture that God JUST brought to my mind. (doesn't always happen)
"For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." -Matthew 16:25

I know that as we press in to our relationship with God (spend time with Him-talking,reading the Bible, etc) He will ask us to give up some things in our life, and my encouragement to you is to not fear, He promises LIFE. When He asks us to give something up, He'll only give back so much more. We might not know WHY and feel out of control, but I'm learning that that's okay, more of Him and less of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones